birding-aus

Planning 2006 Western Australia Trip

Subject: Planning 2006 Western Australia Trip
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 14:45:44 EDT
Hello Everyone,

I would like to visit western Australia in 2006, and I am just starting the planning process.  First I have to decide when to visit, and that is the purpose of this message, to ask for information on timing.

It would be a 4 to 6 week trip, in one of two time periods - March - May or September - November.  I don't like heat, and I will probably spend most of my time in the southwest, perhaps basing myself in Perth, but I would also like to visit the northwest for a week or two.  My twin goals are birding and sightseeing.

Any suggestions about which time slot would be more productive for birds?  Are there any other considerations I should think about, in choosing between autumn and spring?

Once I choose a time slot and my planning gets underway, I will be asking for advice on birding locations and looking for guides and Aussie birders to spend time with.  I am an American, and this would be my third Aussie birding trip.  Pictures of my first two trips are posted on my website: www.barry15.com .

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.  Birding-aus was a tremendous help on my 2004 trip.

Barry Brugman
USA