birding-aus

Common Myna

To: "bird" <>
Subject: Common Myna
From: "Bill Stent" <>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:39:42 +1000
Well, there's another problem with using your car's exhaust to gas the
birds - the car produces a lot of other nasties that would cause the
birds distress, apart from cooking them.

What do you mean by "direct control"?  I don't think that shooting is
really ever effective, and probably attracts a (shall we say) different
type of person willing to help with the problem.  Poisoning is rather
haphazard as well.

On a more personal note, I can't believe I'm having a serious discussion
about offing these poor things!  I understand that it's probably
necessary, but the cynic in me would believe that it's never going to be
done - it's too offensive to the general public.  I can imagine Today
Tonight or some other trashy show crucifying the trappers.