birding-aus

Amazing Bird Photography

To: <>
Subject: Amazing Bird Photography
From: "Matthew Herring" <>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:33:45 +1000

G’day folks,

All this talk about bird photography and the gear people use has prompted me to alert you all to Peter Merritt and his material, as Pete would never do it himself. Pete converted to digital about a year ago and uses a Nikon D100 and D2X with Nikon lenses F2 400 mm and F2 200 mm. Some of you may have noticed his shots in Wingspan over the last year or two (e.g. current front cover). These are mainly his older work. I’ve been lucky enough to work with Pete over the last 7 or 8 years and he is definitely one of Australia’s best, producing some crazy work over the last 10 or so years. To see some of his material check out  www.merrittimages.com where you’ll find (mostly) his recent digital work. In my humble opinion, bird photography has changed more in the last few years because of the digital revolution than it ever has before. Pete’s images continue to blow me away. See what you think of the spoonbills and crakes for starters.

Cheers, Matt Herring.