birding-aus

Fairy Gerygone at Bribie Is, SE Qld

Subject: Fairy Gerygone at Bribie Is, SE Qld
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:03:56 +1000
Hi All,

Thanks to the efforts of Greg Nye and Trevor Ford we were able to see and photograph 2 Fairy Gerygones at Red Beach, Bribie Island this morning (23 Apr 2005) Fortunately they responded well to my 'squeaking' and came close enough to perch on my lens. We were also fortunate to witness an spectacle which I had not seen before, a Whistling Kite caught a Crested Tern in the air and ate it on the beach adjacent to Buckley's Hole nearby. Images of the Gerygone and the Whistling Kite can be seen on http://www.aviceda.org/abid/newimages.php
Please contact us for details of locations.

Tom

--
Tom & Marie Tarrant

www.aviceda.org