birding-aus

another penguin at bondi

Subject: another penguin at bondi
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:21:59 -0400
hi all
for the second day in a row i have been delighted to see a fairy penguin
frolicking in the surf at bondi.
yesterday around 2pm one was in ankle deep water darting in and out of a small
gutter on the wash within metres of my feet.
today around 10am one swam right past me out the back while i was having a body
bash. it popped up a few metres away and hung around for 10 mins or so, much to
the amusement of the surfers.
for some reason my report of yesterday's sighting was not posted; perhaps the
bird came back for another chance at fame.

thanks again to everyone for all the tips on lenses.

regards
shane b
vaucluse