birding-aus

scope v zoom lens

To: "Nevil Lazarus" <>, <>, <>
Subject: scope v zoom lens
From: "Simon Blanchflower" <>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 20:39:20 +1000
I'm thinking about getting the Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L USM with image stabliser which retails in the US for $1,409.95 (over here it costs $3,699 so even with import costs you can save over $1000!).

Anyone had experience with this lens - I know its slower than the one suggested by Nevil (and now I know why his photo's are so good!!) but significantly cheaper - reviews I have read on the net sound pretty good.....any thoughts?

Simon