birding-aus

Birding Trip Feedback

Subject: Birding Trip Feedback
From: Ruben Ayala <>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 23:38:40 -0500
Hello group -

I am doing some preliminary research on a trip I and a handful of amateur birders (from Texas, USA) would like to make to Australia later in the year. We would arrive and depart from Cairns. Right now, our schedules prevent us from arriving any earlier than late October or early November.

I'd like to get feedback on whether this would be an appropriate time to bird in Queensland or would we be facing any weather issues.

Also, if you can recommend specific places we can't afford to miss, I would appreciate that information as well. Since we've not traveled to Australia before, all of your endemics will be of interest to us.

We will spend time birding as well as finding time to get to know your country.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

---ruben ayala
Dallas, Texas