birding-aus

Re: RE: [BIRDING-AUS] Re Burning

To: "Tim Bawden" <>
Subject: Re: RE: [BIRDING-AUS] Re Burning
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:01:53 +1000

Most finches would outrun a fire quiet easily, i'd imagine.  I remember seeing red-browed finches being the first out of an area of reeds being burnt along a local river  couple of years back.

I remember thinking "maybe there "firetails" are sensitive to the heat!" ; )

"Tim Bawden" <>
Sent by:

07/04/2005 11:54 AM

cc
Subject
Re: RE: [BIRDING-AUS] Re Burning

Considering the extent of the fire, how can there not be corpses everywhere? The Prom is my favourite place to visit and I worry at the impact but am endeavouring to be positive in that parts of the park probably "needed" a fire and that it may be interesting to document how thinsg recover over the coming years.... Still I notice my most reliable beautiful firetail site there appears to be affected, not sure how well they would go outrunning fires.

Cheers
Tim