birding-aus

Taxonomic References

Subject: Taxonomic References
From: "Peter Ewin" <>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:34:58 +1000
Peter,

That is exactly what I was after (though I realise now I wasn't real clear in the original e-mail). My original interest was sparked by the list of authors at the rear of HBW (I just used Southern Whiteface as an Australian example). Because this bibliography is so complete, I just wondered why the title wasn't also listed.

Is there any reason for why this is the case? Is it simply for lack of space, or would many taxa be listed under the same title (such as "New species of Birds from Australia" which would then proceed to list a whle gamut of species)?