birding-aus

Yellow Wagtail at Ash Island

To: "'Jack Shapiro'" <>, "'Birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Yellow Wagtail at Ash Island
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:10:51 +1000

It is always interesting to hear that the Yellow Wagtails are still making their annual returns to Ash Island (but not always on Wagtail Way, and some probably miss being seen by birdos because of suitable habitat elsewhere). I believe Yellow Wagtails (and other Wagtail species) could also be fairly regular to other parts of Newcastle/Sydney!

I have reported a Yellow Wagtail as late as the 1st of April a few years back. Has there been any later reports than this, of Yellow Wagtails in NSW?

Jack, did you manage to check out the Newcastle breakwater for Terns (and possible Franklin’s Gull)?

Edwin