birding-aus

Another Pied Heron update

To: <>
Subject: Another Pied Heron update
From: "Duncan Fraser" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 15:53:14 +1000
Got the Pied Heron today, Tuesday, at 2 pm, after missing last Saturday. The
wind was getting up when I arrived, and there were only two White-faced over
on the far side of the original spot, so I drove on to the end of the track
where I saw a few White-faced flying over and dropping in to the south west.
After crossing over to the western side without getting stuck or topping my
gumboots, I made my way south for 100 metres to a sheltered bay where I got
good views of it on the wing, and then resting quietly in the shallows. The
birds were very nervous, probably in response to the duck warfare. Other
sightings, 2 Sea Eagles and 25 Greenshank on Saturday. Duncan Fraser,
Maffra, Vic.