birding-aus

We Need Some Help.

To: <>
Subject: We Need Some Help.
From: "Bruce Cox" <>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 03:48:19 +1000
Hi Everyone,

Mainly for Adelaide birders.

Some friends and I hope to come your way looking for the Hudwit sometime in
the first week of April probably between the 3Rd. and the 5Th. depending on
whether the Port Fairy pelagic on the 3Rd. goes ahead or is cancelled. If
the
pelagic is cancelled because of bad weather we would get to Adelaide on the
3Rd. or 4Th., if not we would get to Adelaide late on the 4Th. or the 5Th.

It appears that the Hudwit should/could stay around until the rest of the
godwits migrate north?

We need help with the following:
1) Information on any sightings later than Sunday 19Th. March.
2) Assistence with entering the saltfields. We understand a permit and key
is required.
3) Directions for finding the bird.
4) Someone who is prepared to show us the bird.

We understand a permit can be obtained from Kevin Taylor at the saltfields'
Magazine Rd. offices at Dry Creek What we are not sure of is if we can get a
key or permit at short notice and also assuming we get a map or directions
from Kevin can  we can find the correct location. Obviously a local, with
knowlege of the bird and a permit, who is prepared to spend their valuable
time with some Sydney birders would be of great assistance.

If someone is foolhardy enough to offer to take us in, a telephone number
would allow us to keep him/her posted on our arrival date.

Bruce.

Bruce Cox on Sydney's Northern Beaches.