birding-aus

Fwd: How White Are Cockies?

Subject: Fwd: How White Are Cockies?
From: Brad Crowe <>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:19:22 +1100
Trevor, welcome back!

Thanks for your interesting comments.

To post to the list you send email to this email address:-

I'm not familiar with Corellas, this is interesting...yes in deed all beautiful birds.

Brad,

I can't post to the list, but feel free to post this on if you wish  .......

In my humble opinion, Sulphur-Cresteds are no whiter than Corellas.  In my habitat (NW suburbs of Melbourne), cockies are common, but on more than one occasion I've called a distant flock "just more Sulphur-Crested Cockies" only to realise as they got closer they were actually Long-Billed Corellas.  Even Little Corellas aren't all that easy to differentiate until you get close enough to recognise size & lack of crest.  They are just as white, in my opinion!  And all beautiful birds ........

For what it's worth .....

Trevor Manley

Strathmore, VIC

PS:  Can someone tell me how to post to the list?  I'm a recently-returned expat from USA - was a regular poster to the Ohio list-serve there - but I have been unable to find how to post to Birding-Aus list.

Do you Yahoo!?