birding-aus

Blue-faced Parrot-Finch Location, more info

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Blue-faced Parrot-Finch Location, more info
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:03:56 +1000
Greetings,
I have had two emails about not giving exact locations for these birds. One
of them I will not reply to so that person will see this and know they have
successfully caused offence. Here is the gist of what I told the other
correspondent.

"Try Fuller Rd, the Ghurkha Track, Topaz Rd a long way down and the Old
Cairns Track or stay at Rose Gums Retreat and see them in your front yard.
There is a lot of seed around at the moment and the birds are moving around.
Besides I do not have a GPS. Even out of pre-tax dollars I do not have the
income to justify one. A map would have given you this much information.

"If you have followed my postings you will find that I am very free with
information. I only fail to answer direct questions for help if I am
concerned about the welfare of the birds or it involves private land. I do
remember what birding used to be and find it very much the same. I am only
too happy to support the habits of those of you who earn enough to pay taxes
and support
me with the provision of roads on which I can go birding."

If you are coming up this way and want information I will give it if I have
it and the time to respond. In the last two years I failed to answer one
request for information and that was because I trashed my reply by mistake.

Regards,
Alan Gillanders

Alan's Wildlife Tours
2 Mather Road