birding-aus

Waterproof Binoculars

To: "Janice England" <>
Subject: Waterproof Binoculars
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:30:24 +1100
Hello Jan,
The Pentax agent in Australia is C. R. Kennedy ( Check your warranty
card for adddresses). I think you will find that the overall guarantee period is for 12 months. I think you will find that the waterproofing will not suddenly disappear 366 days after purchase. If I could arrange that sort of thing, I would certainly head into the manufacturing business. I am sure that the waterproofing in Pentax or any other make of binocular will extend well after the statutory warranty period.
After all most household electricals are only warrantied for for 12
months (unless you paid for extended), and I think a fair number of
them last a bit beyond 12 months.

Cheers

Carl Clifford