birding-aus

Toowoomba Escarpment

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Toowoomba Escarpment
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:45:31 +1000
Hi all,

I'm doing a bit of work for Birds Australia at the moment, trying to
prepare a proposal to make the Toowoomba Escarpment an Important Bird
Area (IBA).  We are interested in the following species:

Black-breasted Button-Quail
Masked Owl
Regent Bowerbird
Swift Parrot
Speckled Warbler
Red Goshawk

Can anyone with records of these species for the Toowoomba Escarpment
area (between Highfields Falls and Hellhole) please email me with a
date, location (number of kms from a landmark will suffice) and if
possible a number of birds seen.

The goal here is to see if Toowoomba has enough of any of these
species to recognize it as an IBA.  If you have any records of other
threatened or endangered species they would also be welcome.

Given the sensitive nature of this information, I'd appreciate if
replies were directed to me and not to the Birding-Aus list.

Regards,
Chris Sanderson on behalf of Birds Australia Southern Queensland (BASQ)