birding-aus

Work companion

Subject: Work companion
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:37:36 +1100
There is a Red-whiskered Bulbul sitting on a nest barely one metre from my face as I sit at my computer. I watched it build the nest right outside the window and now with three eggs the bird is sitting quietly for most of the day as I work. It's located in dense foliage, very well hidden from the outside, but quite visible from inside where I sit. The bird doesn't seem to notice me or if it does, it's not bothered by my activity. Who said working from home is a solitary acitivity!

Carol

Katoomba
Blue Mountains, NSW