birding-aus

sed: unclas Trip to New Zealand December 2005

To: <>
Subject: sed: unclas Trip to New Zealand December 2005
From: "Tania Ireton" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:21:41 +1100
Hello everyone,

Hope you all had a great festive season and that the (possible)
hangovers have not affected the new year's birding.  I'm planning to
attend the Australasian Ornithological Conference and Australasian
Shorebird Conference in New Zealand in December 2005 and have been
talking to Wrybill Tours (Sav Saville and Brent Stephenson) about a trip
to get virtually all of the NZ species on the North and South Islands.
The itinerary would be something like :

Start in Auckland 19 Nov - up to Kauri forests for North Island Brown
Kiwi. 20th back down towards Auckland with NZ Dotterel, Brown Teal etc
as targets.  There are some places on a boat trip on 21st to look for
NZSP (plus a heap of other stuff) in the Hauraki Gulf. 22 Nov Tiritiri
Matangi Island. 23 Nov Miranda etc. 24 Nov pelagic from Whitianga,
Coromandel Peninsular for Pycroft's Petrel etc. 25 Nov to 6 Dec south
through North Island and South Island.

For 1 or 2 people, the guiding fee for the 18 days is $5400 (plus food,
fuel, accommodation) so if I can find someone else for some or all of
the trip I will save lots of money.  For more than 2, it is an extra
$100 per person per day.  Would anyone be interested ?

Regards,
Tania