birding-aus

Big Day result

Subject: Big Day result
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 09:31:27 +1100
Hi all,

Earlier this week I wrote of my plan to do a "Big Day" to see how many bird species I could find in one day in the Blue Mountains. I started yesterday at 4.00am and finished at 11.30 last night, covering over 300km of driving and several kilometres of walking up and down steep hills!

I finished with a total of 120 species, surprising myself by far exceeding my target of 100. I'll write up a full report within the next few days. For anyone who's interested, the complete list is below. The geographical area is defined by Blue Mountains City Council boundaries.

Cheers,

Carol Probets

BLUE MOUNTAINS, NSW
Thursday 16th December 2004