birding-aus

digital camera RFI - Panasonic FZ20 or the Konica Minolta Z3

Subject: digital camera RFI - Panasonic FZ20 or the Konica Minolta Z3
From: Peter Waanders <>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:11:25 +1080
Nevil et al
I use the panasonic FZ10 - predecessor of fz20 - same optical specs & image
stabiliser. I don't think the shutter lag time is the problem it's the
start-up time from the moment you turn it on to when it is actually
operable. You could miss an opportunity if you find that the camera is off.
Just have to leave it on a lot when you think you might need it, with
associated battery useage, although battery lasts for a long time as long as
you don't review the photos too much.
Shutter lag time is only slow if difficult subject (flying bird!) out of
focus - you press the button but it doesn't take the photo until it has
focused it. I use the burst mode a lot (takes 3 photos at high speed and
writes them to the card afterwards) which works really well.
Overall an excellent camera with good pic quality (although a slight bit of
chromatic abberation where high contrast light against dark)
cheers

Peter Waanders
Waikerie, SA
birdingSA: http://www.riverland.net.au/~peterw
--
Cheers

Peter Waanders
Waikerie, SA
BirdingSA:http://www.riverland.net.au/~peterw
The information in this e-mail may be confidential and/or legally
privileged.  Use or disclosure of the information by anyone other than the
intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please advise by return e-mail.