birding-aus

RFI: Tasmania

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: RFI: Tasmania
From: "Isaac Clarey" <>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:13:49 +1100
G'day all,

I'm off on a family holiday to Tasmania for 3 weeks, commencing on 15
December. It is my first time to this area so, understandably, I will be
particularly after the endemics, but would also like to catch up with Pink
Robin, Southern Emu-wren, Ground Parrot, Beautiful Firetail and Spotted
Quail-thrush among others.

I've searched the archives for trip reports and have found some additional
information elsewhere on the net, but if anyone has any other suggestions on
good places to visit, in particular around Cradle Mountain, it would be
gladly welcomed?

We will spend the first week walking the Overland Track, then for the
remainding 2 weeks we will travel from Bruny Island north along the east
coast, visiting Hobart, Freycinet NP, St Helens and then finishing off
around Launceston.

thanks,

Isaac