birding-aus

re:Thornbill id

To: "simon starr" <>
Subject: re:Thornbill id
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:26:32 +1100

Hi Simon,

The bird was seen in Southern Wyperfeld, on the Lake Brambruk Track. The place was swarming with thornbills, weebills, and pardolotes, and it really tested out the ID skills.

Chestnut Rumped TB's were definently in the area, and my suspicions is that its possibly a younger bird.

I have a couple of photos of it, i might post them to oz-bird-pix in the nect few days.

Thanks,

Peter

"simon starr" <>
Sent by:

10/11/2004 11:00 AM

<>
cc
Subject
[BIRDING-AUS] re:Thornbill id

I have some memory of seeing a Chestnut-rumped Thornbill also with some
richer rufous colouring on the forehead up here in Northern Victoria. Had me
going for a bit but I just put it down to plumage variability or an age
thing.
Cheers
Simon Starr.
Pyramid Hill,Vic