birding-aus

RFI: Birding in southern Australia

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: RFI: Birding in southern Australia
From: "Simon Plat" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:36:04 +0100
Greetings to you all,

from December 18 2004 until Februari 12 2005 (wow, should be enough to find
some good birds) me and my wife will visit Tasmania and Australia between
Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane. Despite the bad season inland I
tried to work out an itinerary with a good potential to find some target
birds of this region. Yet, I can use some local help and would like to get
in contact with birders who like to show me around their local patch. As a
token of gratitude I promise to keep you posted on my birding whereabouts in
terms of a 'live' weblog on my website (www.splatzone.nl), including
pictures. More on that topic later.

Most urgent I am looking for Melbourne based birders who can help me gaining
access to the Werribee Treatmemt Plant on one of the dates 30, 31 december
or 3,4 januari. I hear that you need a key to access the plant? Maybe
someone would like to join me?

Same question for the ICI Saltworks in Adelaide, dates are around 8 - 11
jan?

Anybody else 'en route' in Tasmania (18 dec - 29 dec) or Melbourne (29 dec -
4 jan), Kangaroo Island (4 - 8 jan), Adelaide (8-12 jan), Adelaide-Sydney
(second half of jan) and Brisbane (first half of feb 2005) that would like
to join me on a birding day out? Please let me know.

Thanks

Simon Plat
The Netherlands
www.splatzone.nl