birding-aus

2004 Twitchathon

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: 2004 Twitchathon
From: "Greg Clancy" <>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:09:07 +1100
Well it seems that my attempt to rattle the Hunter and Central Coast Twitchathon teams failed to hit the mark with them scooping the pools again.  We got a modest 195 but considering it was all within the one catchment and we were a new team I am quite happy with the result.  Nonetheless I am repairing my horse whip for next year to squeeze that little bit extra from the team - including me.

We did get quality however with Bush Stone-Curlew, Rufous Scrub-bird,  Magpie Goose, Brolga, Pied Oystercatcher, Sooty Oystercatcher, Coastal Emu, Comb-crested Jacana, Glossy Black-Cockatoo, Grey-crowned Babbler, Paradise Riflebird and Regent Bowerbird.  We started the list with our totem - the Black-necked Stork.

So the planning for next year has started.  See you in 2005!

Greg Clancy
Head Stalker
Black-necked Stalkers