birding-aus

Meri Creek

Subject: Meri Creek
From: Stuart Dashper <>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:35:05 +1000

Dear All,

My first venture  up the Merri Creek north of Brunswick for this spring revealed the usual collection of Honeyeaters, ferals and Lorikeets but additionally a pair of Sacred Kingfishers just north of Bell st, Reed Warblers in De Chene Reserve a few hundred metres further north and a Crested Shrike Tit over the creek from the Streetle st Wetland. The Bell Miners that colonized an area just north of CERES (Blyth st) about a year ago seem to have become a permanent feature of this area making them the only colony on the Merri as far as I am aware. All up not too bad for a revegetating creek in an inner suburban area approx 7 km to the north of central Melbourne.

Cheers

Stuart Dashper