birding-aus

Spring in Penrith

To: "Birding-Aus (E-mail)" <>
Subject: Spring in Penrith
From: "Mike Simpson" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:02:00 +1000
Firstly, a walk along the banks of the Nepean today gave me Sacred
Kingfisher, first of the year and Common Koel, I got nice photos of both. I
then came across two White Winged Trillers sitting on a branch about 10 feet
away. I went to photograph them and the battery ran out.......

Secondly, I visited a local paddock yesterday and found a pair of
Spoonbills, a Royal Spoonbill in breeding plumage, and a Yellow Spoonbill.
See the bottom two photos on
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ozbirds/royalspoonbill.html

Do the two species of Spoonbill interbreed, co-habit etc? These two flew in
to the paddock together, and later when disturbed by a dog flew away
together, they seemed to be very friendly, the Yellow following the Royal
wherever it went.

Regards - Mike Simpson, Penrith, NSW
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ozbirds