birding-aus

Late report - Padaminka Nature Reserve, via Mackay - 20/8/04

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Late report - Padaminka Nature Reserve, via Mackay - 20/8/04
From: Barry McLean <>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 04 23:04:51 +1000
Hello All,
On our recent trip north we visited Maureen Cooper at her property, Padaminka
Nature Reserve, at Walkerston near Mackay, Qld.  Maureen is passionate about
conservation and the environment in general and birds in particular - have a
Google at 'maureen cooper mackay' to get an idea of her commitment.  We had
been there in 2000 but since then it has been developed into a commercial
operation (which means you pay, but very little)  offering 'Display areas and a
Conference Room for educational seminars';  Accommodation: bunkhouse (10
person), 3 bedroom cabin and caravan(2) and camping(5) sites with 6.5km of
walking tracks on 184 acres.
Contact details for those who didn't look at Google are:
PO Box 113 Walkerston, Qld 4751

The property has a bird list of over 160 species. On this visit (20/8/04) we
recorded:
Bush Hen
Large-tailed Nightjar
White-throated Nightjar