birding-aus

suggestions for 2nd Australia trip?

Subject: suggestions for 2nd Australia trip?
From: Amy Price <>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:23:06 -0700 (PDT)
My husband and I live in California and have earned enough frequent flyer miles for two business class tickets to Australia. We are now trying to chose where and when to go. We have already had one wonderful trip to Australia in October a few years back. On that trip we spent a day with Carol in the Blue Mountains (thank you Carol for your feedback already sent), went on a pelagic out of Sydney, spent a week at Cassowary House guided by Phil Gregory and a week on Cape York guided by Klaus Uhlenhut. We were fantastically successful in all three places and think highly of all guides involved.

Now my question. We could visit in early January, mid-March, or June-early August (my husband is going to be in Cairns in March on business, the other dates would be purely birding). Considering these available dates and where we have already birded, what should we do next? Tasmania? (I am in contact with Tonia) Capertee? (again thank you Carol) O'Reilly's? Or somewhere else?

I loved birding in Australia and hope with a little planning and good information we can make our next trip just as memorable.

Thank you in advance for any feedback. I would eagerly answer any questions that anyone might have that would help me narrow things down a bit.

Thanks again,
Amy and Jeff Price
Paradise, California, USA

Do you Yahoo!?