birding-aus

RFI Inland NSW

Subject: RFI Inland NSW
From: stuart dashper <>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:54:39 +1000
Dear all,

I have a week to return from Sydney to Melbourne by car at the start of October and am planning to visit Capertee Valley for a couple of days followed by a couple of days in the Cocoparra National Park, Binya State Forest and Leeton Swamp area.
I had a brief visit to Capertee Valley a couple of years ago and have searched the Birding-aus archives for information on these areas, which was most productive.  I would be happy to have any further information on the above areas but specifically I would appreciate any information on the occurrence of the following species in these areas

Superb Parrot
Diamond Dove
Regent Honeyeater
Painted Honeyeater
Plum-headed Finch

Any information on self-contained accommodation in the Capertee Valley and camping sites in Binya State Forest or around Leeton would also be greatly appreciated.
I am also planning to visit Woomargama National Park in southern NSW on the way to Sydney, I have not been able to find much information at all on this site. Does anyone have any experience of this park?

Regards
Stuart

Dr Stuart Dashper
Senior Research Fellow
Co-operative Research Centre for Oral Health Science
The School of Dental Science
The University of Melbourne
711 Elizabeth st
Melbourne 3000