birding-aus

1922 book

Subject: 1922 book
From: Peter Woodall <>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:32:48 +1000
Hi all

I can add a little more incidental information to this story.

The Queensland Naturalists Club will be celebrating its centenary
in 2006.  Amongst other celebrations we hope to publish, as an issue of the
Queensland Naturalist, a collection of short biographies of prominent
Queensland naturalists, including Alec Chisholm.

I notice (but have yet to read) that Chisholm had his Presidential
Address to the QNC published in the 1922 volume of the Queensland
Naturalist
, entitled "Bird seeking in Queensland; The ornithological history
of Queensland, 1770-1922".

The Queensland Naturalist started publication in 1908 and has a wealth of
historical information on birds, etc.  For example, I have recently referred
to a paper by Noel Jack in the 1938 issue of The Queensland Naturalist in