birding-aus

Collared Sparrowhawk id.

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Collared Sparrowhawk id.
From: "Karen Pearson" <>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 12:37:14 +1000
Just a quick note to thank everybody for their advice, information and
assistance with the photo I requested help with.

I took everyone's comments and information on board, read lots of field
guide notes and I'm now happily convinced it is a Collared Sparrowhawk
as opposed to a Brown Goshawk.   This was taking into account many
things; for example, tail shape, eyes, toes and something I was a little
slow on the uptake with - size.  The comparison table I was forwarded on
the Birds Queensland web site covers them all well.

It is at;
http://birdsqueensland.org.au/

The photo in question is now posted on;

http://www.aviceda.org/abid/

Many thanks again.  It was an interesting journey!

Rgds,
Karen Pearson