birding-aus

Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:28:00 +0100

To: <>
Subject: Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:28:00 +0100
From: "vivien drake" <>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 01:40:32 +1000 (EST)
A friend and I will be visiting Australia mid Jan- end of Feb 2005 and would like to visit some places good for birdwatching. We will have about 3 weeks and would like to get to know a few sites (probably camping) rather than rush around trying to see 'everything' although it would be good to see a range of environments. Can you recommend the best places for this time of year? Would Kakadu NP be too wet? I have only just started to do some research and your help would be very much appreciated. Also, recommendations for bird tours. Many thanks for your help.
Vivien Drake
(Countryside Education Trust, New Forest, England)