birding-aus

Wild bird rescue procedure ...

Subject: Wild bird rescue procedure ...
From: John Gamblin <>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:04:30 +1000 (EST)

G'day All,

Do we have a written procedure here in Australia maybe Victoria for the procedure to be used/employed in wild bird rescues?

I ask because this week whilst talking with a good friend outside the Hastings Community House he said "Here did you see that?" I spun around and saw a green/grey 4 wheel drive vehicle heading away from me with four occupants.

What was wrong I asked him?

"They had a pelican sat in the back seat with them, and one of them was holding it's beak shut?"

I was stunned at what he said he saw, the vehicle had no markings on it at all to proclaim to the world what it's roll in wild bird/animal rescue was. Not even a sticker on a window ... no logo or anything could be seen anywhere?

Surely this is not right ????

Concerned of Hastings, Victoria also known as JAG