birding-aus

Importance of locations

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Importance of locations
From: "Gary Blond" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:21:39 +1000
Being a regular reader of the correspondence, could I suggest that  writers indicate the location of where they live and/or the approximate location of where they made particular sightings?

Some people seem to assume that everyone knows where ......creek or.......nature reserve is. It's a big country. If it's worth reporting on the site, it's surely worth giving more detail of where it is.

As an aside, when I do read a mail that gives detail of good spots for birding, I retain the detail in a particular file to refer to later. I plan a number of good long trips in the future!

Cheers
Gary Blond
Joyner
SE Qld.