birding-aus

Draft Northern Territory (Australia) Ornithology Bibliography available

To: "Eurobirdnet" <>, <>, "oriental birding" <>, "Bulletin Board for Ornithologists working with Neotropical Birds" <>, <>, <>
Subject: Draft Northern Territory (Australia) Ornithology Bibliography available
From: "Robert Gosford" <>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:04:26 +1000
Dear all -

I have (finally) settled my draft Northern Territory Ornithological
Bibliography. It is in two parts, Part One is from 1802 to 1970, Part Two is
from 1970 to current date.

They are too long to post with this note but if you send me an email request
directly, rather than through the respective forum this post is made on, I
will email them to you. Please feel free to forward any copies of relevant
material by snail mail or return email.

I will be most appreciative of any constructive comments, additional
references and corrections etc. As will be apparent, my major focus has been
on Arnhem Land, a large area in the Northern Territory of Australia's
north-east.  There are also a number of less relevant references to other
parts of the NT and to West Australia and northern Queensland.

These bibliographies have been prepared in anticipation of my studies
towards a Masters degree examining Australian Aboriginal ornithology - hence
the cross-disciplinary references to linguistics, anthropology and history.

I look forward to many requests.

Robert Gosford
PO Box 848
Nowra NSW 2541