birding-aus

RFI Phillip Island

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI Phillip Island
From: Brian Fleming <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:08:41 +1000
Not the Norfolk Island one, the one in Westernport, Vic.

We may be taking an overseas visitor to Phillip Island next Friday or
the weekend. As it's about 20 years (at least) since we last visited, we
would appreciate info on what and where to look for birds. We will
certainly go to see the Penguins.
  (NB - what does admission cost at the Summerlands Centre?)
Any chance of Cape Barren Geese, which I understand have been
re-introduced?
Any over-wintering waders at The Nit? or elsewhere?
Any chance of interesting oceanic seabirds, eg Albatross, Gannets?
Which is best area for bush birds?
How do we find out tide times?
Can we get a Bird List anywhere (preferably not from a web-site, this
computer doesn't like them)?
A Koala or two wouldn't come amiss, either.
I should be very grateful indeed for any up to date information.

Anthea Fleming
in Ivanhoe