birding-aus

Spelling of Shoveler

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Spelling of Shoveler
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:04:24 +1000
g'day all,
I thank Peter Fullager who in his Birding-Aus posting re "Baer's Pochard"
He wrote:
"Please, while I have your attenion, may I make a plea for the spelling of Shoveler.
Idiosyncratically, but for good historical reasons, it only has one l!
I for one have repeatedly erred ! Each of my my Quick Indexes for the 4 Australian Field Guides have it incorrectly spelt as "shoveller".

The Quick Indexes are are available for downloading on Birds Queensland Web Page http://birdsqueensland.org.au/

Regards
Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.

ps....Quick Indexes are included in the latest editions of both Simpson & Day and Morcombe
pps..I saw my first Aust Shoveler only a couple of weeks ago !
ppps Of course I blame my spelling checker

Appendix
Eye Halve a Spelling Chequer

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea