birding-aus

BAVic Group Queen's Birthday Campout

To: <>
Subject: BAVic Group Queen's Birthday Campout
From: "simon starr" <>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 07:51:22 +1000
G'day all (especially Victorians),
At this late date I've agreed to help organise this weekend (12th to 14th of
June) at Kooyoora State Park in central Victoria.
This is a great and varied birding location with extensive areas of
box-ironbark forests,granite hills,and mallee areas nearby.
Winter is a good time to visit with the forests in flower and an influx of
birds from more southern areas including Swift Parrots.
The campsite near Melville's caves is very scenic,has toilets and firewood
supplied!.For more comfort an option may be to take accomodation
nearby(Wedderburn,Inglewood or Tarnagulla)and meet up for the daytime.
For more details contact me on 0354557116 or E-mail.
Regards,
Simon Starr.