birding-aus

hawkesbury&sydney birds

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: hawkesbury&sydney birds
From: "Keith Brandwood" <>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:06:09 +1000
Gday all, It appears to me that bird populations around Sydney are well down in numbers this autumn. I was out on Saturday with a couple from the USA and managed to show them 87 species but they were only in one's and two's of each species no large feeding flocks. This as been the situation for the last month or so, except for the Rose Robin plenty of them around. However Magpie Larks, Currawongs, Ravens,Williewags appear to be at there normal levels.I have not heard or seen a Wonga or Brown Cuckoo Dove for weeks, what do others think.
The highlight of the Sat outing was a Black Falcon circling over McGraths Hill a Square-tailed Kite at Richmond and a pint shandy at Pitt Town pub.