birding-aus

Rufous Bristlebird

Subject: Rufous Bristlebird
From: "Peter Ewin" <>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 21:04:36 +1000
Hi all,
Yet another northerner heading down to get a new species (I've got to try and add one for the country this year). My wife friends in Melbourne and we are looking to come down some time in July so we can also have a look at a game of football (hopefully the mighty Blues will be playing OK). I can get the various sites west of Torquay which I can easily access with a car (I have been down that way before) but my question is - Are Rufous Bristlebirds active in July? My experience with Easterns at Barren Grounds is they are pretty obvious all year, but spring is probably best. Is it the same fro Rufous.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Peter