birding-aus

White-cheeked Honeyeaters on the NSW South Coast

To: "Alan Morris" <>, <>
Subject: White-cheeked Honeyeaters on the NSW South Coast
From: "Ricki Coughlan" <>
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 21:57:37 +1000
Hi Alan and Birders

You may like to know that I had a couple of White-cheeked Honeyeaters at
Curra Moors in the Royal National Park recently, though admitedly they are
definitely quite uncommon there: rare, even. This may be somewhat due to the
fact that there are so many 'New Hollands', that the pretty similar
'White-cheeked' get lost in the numbers.

Some years ago I was involved in banding honeyeaters in the Brisbane Waters
National Park and, yes, the numbers of White-cheeked Honeyeaters easily
matched the New Holland Honeyeaters.

Just back from a great week in Albury and Chiltern, Victoria, where there
was some amazing birding. Will get a list together within the next couple of
days.

Regards - Ricki