birding-aus

Skewed sex ratios in endangered bird populations

To: <>
Subject: Skewed sex ratios in endangered bird populations
From: "Guy C R Poland" <>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:18:34 +0100
Dear Australian Birding Group,

Apologies to those of you who are also on the African, Neotropical,
Oriental or Seabird birding lists who might have already received this
posting there.

I am a final year Zoology student at the University of Cambridge (UK). I
am currently conducting an analysis of sex ratio distortion in IUCN /
BirdLife Red List Endangered or Critically Endangered bird species.

I am looking for data reflecting the sex ratio of populations of these
species. Does anybody on the list have any published or unpublished data
which they would be prepared to let me use, or which they could point me
in the direction of? It has been suggested to me that there may be
several examples of Australian bird species where this may be the case.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Guy Poland

Emmanuel College,