birding-aus

R.I.P. Barren Grounds

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: R.I.P. Barren Grounds
From: "TERRILL NORDSTROM" <>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:36:58 +1000
It seems that Barren Grounds Bird Observatory has now closed down, but it is hard to know for sure as Birds Australia does not  want to inform it's members. The wardens house is empty and has been cleaned out of all furniture etc and the office and visitors centre is locked up. It also seems that National Parks was also kept in the dark as they were not aware that the house had been deserted. I sent a email to Birds Australia last Wednesday but so far no answer,  I am not surprise as a letter I sent last year was also not answered. There has been a lot of people over the last twenty years that have been involved with Barren Grounds, people who have put a lot of time and effort into the running of the Observatory and I believe that Birds Australia should inform it's members on the direction that it has now decided to go in regard to Barren Grounds.
                                                    Regards  Terrill