birding-aus

Western Treatment Plant

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: Western Treatment Plant
From: "Shirley Cameron" <>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:12:21 +1000
Even though it was very hot and windy yesterday there was still plenty to
see on the Plant.
My very best  sighting were the 40+ White-winged Black Terns as they flew
across the mouth of Little River.  Their plumage was spectacular.
Many of the ponds approx 25W are very Lowe and large numbers of birds are
feeding there.  In particular Banded Stilts, avocet and approx 11 Godwit
some of these were in brilliant breeding plumage.
Bob Swindley was doing the official duck count, I hope the results may be
published here or on the Bird Line. we saw very few Freckled Duck, Hard
Heads and no Blue-billed duck.  There were still plenty of Pink-eared,
Shelduck  and teals  about.
Regards
Shirley Cameron
Werribee