birding-aus

Balckbird behaviour query

To: "Syd Curtis" <>, "bird" <>
Subject: Balckbird behaviour query
From: "Alan Leishman" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:50:13 +1100
Syd,

I have been told by Ian Hutton that there has been a suggestion that
Blackbirds were assisted to Lord Howe Island during the 2nd World War,
for what reason is unknown. They were supposed to be flown in by a RNZAF
Flying Boat????

Regards,

Alan Leishman

Alan Leishman, National Herbarium of NSW, Botanic Gardens Trust, (part
of NSW Department of Environment & Conservation), Mrs Macquaries Road,
Sydney, NSW  Australia 2000. Tel: +61-2-9231 8166. Fax: +61-2-9241 2797.