birding-aus

May Albany Pelagic (from Frank O'Connor)

To: birding aus <>
Subject: May Albany Pelagic (from Frank O'Connor)
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:47:39 +1100

Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:29:26 +0800
From: Frank O'Connor <>
Subject: Albany Pelagic May 2004

If there are 10 or more people interested, then I will organise a pelagic
trip from Albany in May.

I assume that a weekend would be the best time for most people.  I have
other commitments for Sat/Sun 22/23 May.

We would either use the same boat as last time (Chivers Regal - maximum 12 people) or I am looking into another boat that may or may not be suitable,
but would be cheaper and could possibly take more people.

The cost would $120 maximum, but I would hope that it will be $100
maximum.  I will know this when I book the boat.

The trip organised by Chris Lester (Vic) on November 2nd 2003 was
amazing. May is a different time of the year, but November shows what is
possible, and last year there were excellent sightings of cetaceans
reported from Albany including Blue Whale and Sperm Whale.

If you are interested, then please reply letting me know which dates that
you would be able to come.

PS : I am about to book the boat for the Perth pelagics this year.  I am
planning to organise two pelagic trips from Perth on Sunday 27th June and Saturday 14th August. If I am leading bird walks for a week in October at
the Stirling Range Retreat, then I will also organise another Albany
pelagic trip if I can get enough people interested. Let me know if you are
interested in these trips.

Frank O'Connor           Birding WA http://birdingwa.iinet.net.au
Phone : (08) 9386 5694              Email :