birding-aus

Re: Oriental Pratincole at WTP update

Subject: Re: Oriental Pratincole at WTP update
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:55:31 +1100

Hi WTPer's

I went to look for the Oriental Pratincole  at the T-section lagoons for the third time last night, with no success.  I also checked out Paradise Rd lagoons and around the edge of Lake Borrie, but i have now assumed its moved on after the heavy rains the day after it was reported.

There was a noticeable lack of waders, only a few Curlew and Marsh sandpipers in a lagoon towards the back of the T-section area. All other lagoons were barren.  All along the foreshore between Pt Kirk and Little River was also devoid of waders.

A large number of  Yellow-Billed and Royal Spoonbills feeding on Little River with a Great Egret and  Great Crested Grebe nearby, was the highlight of a rather dull visit to the WTP.

If anyone sights the Pratincole, could they please let me (and the list) know?

Cheers,

Peter