birding-aus

More Fork-tailed Swifts

To: "Mike Tarburton" <>, "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: More Fork-tailed Swifts
From: "M&VGardner" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:45:34 +1000
G'day Mike and all,

I had about 40 Forkies flying around the Julia Creek Racecourse (QLD) last Wednesday morning 11/02/04 - there was not a cloud in the sky and they seemed to be picking off insects as they flew over the grasslands.  I am now seeing them more frequently flying in broad daylight than in front of storm clouds.  They are an impressive bird in full sun if you can keep your binos on them for long enough!

Cheers
Marc Gardner
Julia Creek