birding-aus

Buckley's Hole booklet Review

Subject: Buckley's Hole booklet Review
From: "jade welch" <>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 18:58:17 +1000
Hi All,

I thought I would write a short review on my thoughts of the Buckley's Hole
Booklet written and compiled by Trevor Ford.

The Buckley's Hole Booklet obviously took a lot of time to write and is one
fantastic booklet based on an area which has great significance. The book
contains a great foreword from Bill Jolly, details on the Buckley's Hole
Conservation Park, Management of the Park and then introduces the reader to
the park's inhabitants which includes birds that are common, not so common
and rare as well as the odd vagrant that pops up and gives great excitement
to the birdos that visit the Conservation Park.

Also, towards the back of the booklet is a list of species accounts given
by a number of birdos with some exciting birds such as Frigatebirds and
Bitterns being mentioned. This booklet really is great and the effort put
into compiling the information shows what we can all do with our local
patch. Trevor should be commended for his effort and has done a marvellous
job.

Yours Sincerely
Mr Jade Welch
Gold Coast,