birding-aus

RE: mnemonics for learning birds

To: "Birding-Aus " <>
Subject: RE: mnemonics for learning birds
From: Rob Roy <>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:31:43 +1100
Jacqui,

Nice idea and hopefully a useful thread.

I must admit I had a problem remembering which small black waterbird is a Dusky Moorhens and which small black waterbird is a Eurasian Coot. Both are very common around my area.

I now remind myself with the last letter of the beak colour - reD beak is a Dusky Moorhen, whitE beak is a Eurasian Coot.

Regards,
Robert Roy
www.roblog.com/4images/
Mob 0407 66 80 90
Email

Glenwood NSW 2768 Australia
Canon EOS 300D, Sigma 400/f5.6 APO

Alas, I must amass more cash for good glass